Fantasy Booking the next 4 AEW Heavyweight, Women’s, TNT, TBS and Tag Team Champions
By: Justin Hopkins
So, I have had this idea bumbling about my head since Tony Khan made the comment about knowing who his first 4 Champions were going to be. Now, how true that might be now, is anyone guess, but it is the end of the year. Before we get to the slew of best of this and that posts and videos. Lets have a bit of fun throw away blog and do a bit of fantasy bookings. One important thing I must point out. There is a slew of potential new signings coming in over the next few months and while I will be stretching a bit, but there is one group I am leaving out, and that is the Ring Of Honor group. Now, I know, their is some incredible talent in the group, Johnathon Gresham, Briscoe Brothers, Danhauen, Max The Impaler and so many others could easily make the list, but I have seen so little of ROH and only catch glimpses here and there, so not comfortable booking things I don’t know. So, apologies for leaving them out. Now, lets jump in shall.
- Ruby Soho – The newest belt and the tournament is still going on. The story is right there in a way. Having to go through stronger wrestlers in Statlander, Nyla and finally Jade to get the Championship. Her first major title of her career. A feel good moment to start the new year and can’t ask for more.
- Dr. Britt Baker – The former women’s champion who looks down on the fact that she has the TBS Belt, but staunchly defends it because she can’t live without gold. It is a hard story to pull off without the title looking bad, but Britt could make it work.
- Jaime Hayter – Whether it be the break up of the group or Jaime working her way back to her former stable leader. Jaime is so talented and this could be the win to highlight a stellar 2022.
- Ryo Mizunami – Okay, so this one may be a bit of a stretch. So, many who could take the belt, but Ryo has been doing some great work and her matches are always fun and would like to see her with some gold. Even if it’s not a long run.
Tag Team Championship
- FTR – Yeah, but the Tag belts are one of the hardest to predict and want a full powered Pinnacle to face off a reformed Elite. So, them going on a long run just makes the most sense.
- Dante Martin and either Lio Rush/Darius Martin – I don’t know when Darius will be back, but this pick is more about getting some gold on Dante. Who is so good and Tag belts are a good first belt for a kid who will have so much more gold in his future.
- 2.0 – Yeah, just fun goofballs, who can get some major heat off this, but really, just a transition to….
- Proud and Powerful – I almost feel bad for putting it off them this long. Would have no problem with them beating Lucha Bros. or FTR, but when they do finally win the belts. Going to be a great moment.
- Shawn Spears – I love the idea of Shawn and Sammy being eternal rivals. Careers defined by sticking it to one another and trading wins and titles back and forth, in banger matches. Him taking the strap off Sammy would just be another chapter in the story.
- Wardlow – That break up of Pinnacle and will test Wardlow the ability to run as a Babyface and carry a title at the same time.
- Malachi Black – At the moment, he doesn’t need a belt, but that will change and some gold can help push him further.
- Lee Moriarty – By the time we get to this point. Plenty of time to build Lee up and even writing this, could easily move him up the list, but he has such a long future ahead and no reason to rush.
- Thunder Rosa – This is the only easy pick. The Women’s division needs more time to show off how good it is, but Thunder Rosa winning the belt is just a matter of time.
- Serena Deeb – She is just so good. An intimidating heel that spends months twisting babyfaces into pretzels while everyone hates her.
- Kris Statlander – The world needs our alien leader, after all.
- Leyla Hirsch – While I almost put her on the TBS title side, Leyla is just so good in the ring that I moved her over here. The babyface version of Serena and you know what. Can probably make being a heel work for her.
- MJF – Cause it just makes sense. Biggest heel taking down their ultimate good guy.
- Miro – He doesn’t have to be a good guy. He’s the Redeemer who destroys everyone in his path and can make for an excellent champion.
- Eddie Kingston – A stellar moment to be had. To see Eddie hold the belt, even if it is only one time. Need to see Eddie have his moment as the man.
- Kevin Stein – Is there any man better at stepping on moments and dreams that Owens/Stein. Destroying Kingston the way he did Zayn. Would be so good.
This was such a blast to write and so hard to try and put together. Have such a deep roster. Could easily flip in names like Powerhouse Hobbs, Tay Conti, any of the Dark Order. Not to mention who all they will bring in, but boy is it an exciting time.
As always, I hope you enjoyed and….
Thank You For Reading!